I am still sick! Yay hooray! And fever is giving me side effect of poetry (vide the title of this post).
So instead of spreading viruses…I’m spreading chocolate! Or chocolate spread to be precise.
Anywho, Netflix is still no fun and going outside is impossibile! So, the only way to cheer a gal like myself up is to do some fancy cooking (low cost though).
I’ve been into spreads for a while now, because they are easy and quick to make and when done with love (ha!) can be part of a fancy table decor. Or a great gift. Non- alcoholic this time.
The best part about it this babe is that it contains two main ingredients only. Hence it is very easy to prepare. Since we are slowly entering Christmas/ Holiday period I prefer to make a batch and then share the jars with friends.
So again, without further ado let’s get straight to business.
- 100 g pistachios (if you’re feeling lazy use pistachio butter (it will save you roughly 1/2 hr of prepping)
- 200 g white chocolate (I used vegan but you can go for regular chocolate)
- pinch of salt
- 300 ml jar (Sherlock….)
- peel pistachios
- grind the pistachios in a food processor or blender. Go for the texture you like the most, I prefer crunchy so I’m deliberately very clumsy about the grinding
- melt chocolate in water bath
- put away around 20g of chocolate
- add ground pistachios to 180 g of chocolate
- put it in a jar and let it cool down
- store away for up to a month
For those of you who are ambitious or like to make a difference :
Special twist :
- Use remaining white chocolate (those 20g I mentioned above) to make a tiny praline
- Just use any mould – I used a little star
- Wait for chocolate to harden (you can put it in the freezer for faster results- side note- no tempering necessary)
- Place the praline in the jar, on top of the spread
- For that glamour effect I like to add some edible glitter